Marriage and the Family are the foundation of society and that happy, stable marriages and families make a strong society. Today the attacks on the sanctity and stability of marriage and the family are a matter of serious concern. It is, therefore very important that our Catholic couples be well prepared to receive the Sacrament of Marriage.
The Catholic Church insists on attending Marriage Preparation Course by the couple before their intended date of entering into the Sacrament of Matrimony. The Marriage Preparation Course is not just a requirement of the Church to get married. It is also meant to help an adult, have a realistic look at how he/she can make the Sacramental Marriage work and grow, in and through the relationship as husband and wife, every day.
- Copy of the baptism certificate of the participant is required for Registration.
- Participation in the Marriage Preparation Course is a pre-requisite to receive the sacrament of Matrimony in the Catholic Church. The Course may be completed at preferably two months before the sacramental marriage.
- Marriage Preparation Course conducted by the St. Mary's Catholic Church, Dubai is held on the third Friday of every month. Reporting time is 8.30 a.m. and the programme concludes at 5.00 p.m. Details about the venue will be intimated at the time of registration at the Parish Office
- Participants must attend the FULL course. Those who arrive late or miss out sessions, for any reason, will be required to REGISTER for the next course.
- Certificates will be issued only on completion of the full course. To ensure correctness of the names on the certificates, names are required to be written IN BLOCK LETTERS while registering at the Parish Office.
- Only registered participants will be allowed in the hall.
- It is suggested that registration for the course be done at least three weeks in advance, as the number of participants is limited, on a first come first served basis.
NB: - The Marriage Preparation Course for the month of April 2017 will be conducted on Friday, April 21st from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm at the Mini hall.